DMC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DMC Forum

We are a clan for the game SPORE. We are the Drifted MoonLight clan.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mythology!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZigZagas
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
ZigZagas

MoonLight Points : 16

Mythology! Empty
PostSubject: Mythology!   Mythology! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 pm

I'd like to make this thread about mythology and to a lesser degree culture of greeks, Egyptians and Norse (Vikings, scandinavians, that sort of area).

So a brief summary:
Greeks
The olympians, led by Zeus and his brtohers Poseidon and Hades overthrew Kronos and the Titans, the old gods, and imprisoned them in tartarus, in the deepest place of Erebus, which was the underworld.
When somebody died they went to the underworld, which wasn't ALL bad, but to get there had to pay the Ferryman, Charon, to cross the River Styx. This is why a dead person always had a coin placed in their mouth.

Egyptians
They had a very varied and strange pantheon. There were of course the famous pyramids, the biggest tombs in the world. The pharoahs were placed deep inside, with huge amounts of treasure and even sometimes living slaves who would go with them into the afterlife. They made the pyramids big so they would stretch to the stars, so the pharoahs soul would ascend the steps to heaven.
Their most revered gods would be Ra, god of the Sun, Isis, goddess of something, Magic and something else, a little hazy there, Osiris, god of the dead, and the god of the Nile who's name i cant quite remember.

Norse
They were all about battle. A Warrior who died in battle would ride with the Valkyres to Valhalla, their heaven and where Odin king of the gods (sort of) lived. There was drinking and feasting and women and fighting there, for all eternity, until Ragnarok, the end of the world, when everyone there would march to earth to fight.
Hel ruled over everyone else who died, and made the afterlife a really nasty place to be. She was Loki's son; Loki being god of fire and evil.
The roots of the world, Yggdrasil, were gnawed on every day by the great dragon Nidhoggr, who lived the underworld- Niflheim.
Back to top Go down
DMCLeaderGalox
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

MoonLight Points : 115

Mythology! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mythology!   Mythology! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Lol, I first read "Greeks" as "Geeks" Laughing

Anyway, sounds interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
https://dmcclan.forumotion.com

Mythology!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DMC Forum :: Off-Topic :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: