DMC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DMC Forum

We are a clan for the game SPORE. We are the Drifted MoonLight clan.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZigZagas
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
ZigZagas

MoonLight Points : 16

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:00 am

Time.
Time travel...
Understanding time...

My theory is that all times exist AT ONCE AND THE SAME TIME.
Here's why:
Say you could travel in time. Whenever you went, it would always be the present. Whenever you are, is now. However, the present cant change to fit you; it must always be Now for everyone. therefore, all presents must exist at once, otherwise it could not be Now for everyone.
OR, to put it another way;
The past is nonexistant. Every instant, the past is destroyed and replaced with the present. However, if we can imagine, or have a concept of the past and the future, then THEY MUST EXIST. however, we can only ever be in the present. Just like the saying, "No time like the present." take that LITERALLY; every single time IS THE PRESENT. whenever you are, is the present. This also means that Time cannot possibly be linear; nor can it be a ball, or anything else. In a way, it is an infinitely small dot.

Anyone else wish to discuss this?
Back to top Go down
Aaron - Madanchi
Green Spice
Green Spice
Aaron - Madanchi

MoonLight Points : 62

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:15 am

one thing that controls all life....god, lol neh joking, its Time. if it stops we stop, if it goes we go. So if it can stop or slow down, then that what we do. If time can be slowed down then that is altering time and patterns.

So with these 2 diff times, if one person is in present normal speed time nd another person is in a non presnt time as he's in a slowed down time (like a black hole) that means there is 2 which there is past and present which 2 ppl r traveling in.

So in a way time travel is possible as one person wud suddenly jump while the other is still the same time. but then the ppl r in the same area, just moving at diff times. so its on going Confuddled Razz
Back to top Go down
ZigZagas
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
ZigZagas

MoonLight Points : 16

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:23 am

Except that they are both in the present. they Are in two different times, but both are Now.
Perhaps time is less like a dot, move like...a line, but mving SIDE TO SIDE, not forward. Allowing different times to exist simultaeneously.
And that doesnt really allow time travel.

however, scientiffically Time is really just a matter of Speeds and mass. Shich takes all the fun out of it!
Back to top Go down
Aaron - Madanchi
Green Spice
Green Spice
Aaron - Madanchi

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 am

yeh good points Smile lol oh well one day in the near future, kids will b having fun a little time dilation amchine, the ids then wud probs b over the smarted person on earth now. I mean in a looooong time, just to clear that up
Back to top Go down
FrostNova25
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
FrostNova25

MoonLight Points : 0

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 am

time is but an illusion, past are the events that led up to the preasent,preasent is the current place you are at..and the future does not exist...it is but a series of events that can or might happen.the future is always changing and so it does not exist..it is but ure choices you make in the preasent that lead up to the future and there is no such thing as fate..well there might be..but there is no future therfore time travel to the future is impossible however time travel to the past might be possible becuase these events already occured the path to the past cannot be changed for example
/----------------------------?????
past <------------------------> preasent<-------/(0 0_-=)0- ---- ?????? future

the past has already happened and so its path is straight however there are countless possibilities for the future ^^
Back to top Go down
FrostNova25
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
FrostNova25

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:15 am

like my sophisticated answer??
Back to top Go down
Turbosonic98
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Turbosonic98

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 am

I do indeed
Back to top Go down
FrostNova25
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
FrostNova25

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:47 am

^^ yays
Back to top Go down
Turbosonic98
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Turbosonic98

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:12 am

Travelling to the future would be impossible too! Because you can't discover events that have not happened yet!
Back to top Go down
FrostNova25
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
FrostNova25

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 am

i said that in my post Razz
Back to top Go down
Turbosonic98
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Turbosonic98

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:57 am

Oh yeah, didn't notice that ¬_¬
Back to top Go down
Aaron - Madanchi
Green Spice
Green Spice
Aaron - Madanchi

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:21 pm

yes i did like it Smile very good stuff
Back to top Go down
Deza007
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Deza007

MoonLight Points : 7

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:31 pm

I think it is impossible to travel in time. But to make time move backwards around a certain person might possibly work.
Back to top Go down
Aaron - Madanchi
Green Spice
Green Spice
Aaron - Madanchi

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm

yeh possibly, but extremely hard in the future Razz sorta like a black hole has time bending around it.
Back to top Go down
Deza007
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Deza007

MoonLight Points : 7

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Has anyone seen the latest star trek moive? They always do the time travel theory really well.
Back to top Go down
Aaron - Madanchi
Green Spice
Green Spice
Aaron - Madanchi

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:13 pm

yeh i have and it was amazing! I agree, they did do the time travel thing really well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time discussion   Time discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time discussion
Page 1 of 1